Welcome to the West District School Friday Folder
Note: All new notices are posted in bold type
- March Intramural Sports Schedule
- March Lunch Menu
- 4th Grade Jeopardy - Permission Slip Must be Returned by 3/4
- WD PTO Calendar - updated 2/22/20
- The Book Fair is Coming! Read On for FAQs!
- FHS Presents Cinderella 3/13 & 3/14 - Ticket Order Info
- Coronavirus Letter from Mrs. Sanders 2-27-20
- Please join Us! Coffee and Conversation - A West District Community Discussion 3/3/20
- WD Welcomes Storyteller Eshu Bumpus 3/3 - Families Welcome!
- Movement Inspiration from the PE Department!
- A Night on the Town 4/24 - Adults Only Fundraiser Ticket Order Form - RSVP by 4/6
- SAVE the DATE! Math and Literacy Night is coming 4/9!
- 4th Grade Visit to WWUES - Monday, 3/2
- FPS is Seeking Substitute Nurses!
- FHS Project Graduation Comedy Night Fundraiser 4/4/20
- West Woods Transition Night Th. March 5 at 6:45 for 4th Grade Parents
- Coronavirus Information
- IAR Presents Seussical Jr. March 6 & 7 Ticket Info
- Student Information for March for Meals Fundraiser - Coming March 9 - 13th
- Flu Information from Mrs. Sanders and Mrs. Foote
- Read Around the World is Coming to West District March 2 - 6! Parents Needed!
- PTO Adults Only Fundraiser - Sponsor Request
- WD Day at the Wolfpack! 3/1
- WDS Youth Enrichment Programs - Open to All Students!
- School Family Information
- Request from Mrs. Silberstein's Third Graders
- FHS Building Committee Meetings - Important Dates List
- Incoming Kindergarten Registration is Open for 20-21! Please click here to pre-register!
- Good Start Dates for Families with 4yr Olds who will Attend WD for Kindergarten 20-21
- Extra Clothing Request! Please pack a set of extra clothes in your child's backpack for use in the event that they get dirty or wet at recess. Thank you!
- FHS Building Committee Newsletter
- Math Challenge Club is Coming for All Grades!
- Head Lice Information
- Stop and Shop Rewards Program
- After School Sports with Mr. Deitz - Sign UP
- Library Birthday Book Club Sign Up
- 4th Grade Baby Photos Wanted for Yearbook!
- Please review our WDS Family Handbook
- Library Volunteers Needed! Click here to sign up - thank you!
- Gifts of Love Weekend Backpack Information for Families
- Parent Pick UP Form for 2019-2020
- Optional Authorization for Parent Pick Up for 19-20
- Check out our World Language website - click here!
- 2019-2020 School Year Calendar - Take note!
- Please review our Arrival Procedures
- Regarding Parent Drop Off in the Morning 8:30 - 8:45: Our parent drop off lane is intended for students who can disembark the vehicle independently. If your child needs any assistance, we ask that you park your vehicle in a parking spot and escort your child to the building main entrance.
- Regarding Dismissal Changes: A DISMISSAL CHANGE FOR YOUR CHILD REQUIRES A NOTE TO BE GIVEN DIRECTLY TO THE TEACHER IN THE MORNING FROM YOUR CHILD WHILE THEIR MORNING MEETINGS ARE BEING HELD. Teachers and office staff are not always available to check emails and voicemails for dismissal changes during the school day, as staff may be absent or unavailable. For safety reasons, a note is required in the morning.
- Regarding Absences: If your child is absent or if your child will be tardy for school, please call the nurse 860-673-2579 x3462 (press 2) or the office before 9:00 a.m. You should leave a voicemail if you call before or after school hours. If you notify your child's teacher by email, you must also notify the Nurse and office staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West District PTO Announcements
FHS Building Updates
Both architects, QA+M and TSKP Studio, will present their options to the committee at the following meetings:
- February 4th at 7:00 PM at the Town Hall Council Chambers: Presentation of all options to Town Council
The options will be presented as a phased roll-out to the building committee. Members of the public are encouraged to attend.
- Girls who Code Program for Grs. 3 - 5
- Farmington First Robotics Fundraiser at Vineyard Vines 3/4
- Play 241 Sports this Summer!
- Scratch Workshop for Grs. 4 - 6
- Tortillas for a Cause at Toro Loco - Relay for Life Fundraiser 3/22
- Tween Time Program at the Farmington Library
- Farmington Library Used Book Sale - Acceptable Donations
- FHS Project Graduation Fundraiser at 5 Churches 3/8
- Poster Contest - Entries Due 3/13
- CT Humane Society Supply Drive
- Coronavirus Information for the Farmington Valley Health District
- Troop 68 Pasta Dinner 3/29
- Farmington Scholastic & Parent Chess Program
- Farmington Land Trust Film Contest Submissions