Health and Safety
There are MITIGATION STRATEGIES that all schools must follow for a full in-person return to school. Remote learning will be offered for families of children with medical issues or for some other reason. The conditions are as follows:
FIRST AND FOREMOST, PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME WHEN ILL
- Face Coverings/Masks
- Regular Handwashing
- Maximizing Social Distancing
- Cohorting Students PreK-8
- Sanitizing/Aggressive Cleaning of Schools
- What if a child in school has a fever or becomes ill during the school day?
- What does maximizing social distancing mean?
- What type of equipment will be available at schools (ex. PPE)?
- Will visitors be allowed in schools?
- Will there be a designated person to speak with if I am concerned with my child’s school following the five mitigation strategies (face coverings, maximizing social distancing, cohorting, cleaning schools and regular handwashing)?
- Will we be provided the names of any children or staff that are sick?
- Will temperature screenings occur each day?
- Will you require all school community members to have a COVID-19 test prior to being allowed to attend school?
- Will families be asked to do temperature screenings at home each day?
- Will the school district administer COVID-19 tests?
- What should I do if my child is feeling sick?
- How will notifications of positive cases of COVID-19 be handled?
- My child changes classes during the school day? Will surfaces be cleaned between classes?
- Will more aggressive cleaning and disinfecting be implemented upon our return to school?
- Will regular handwashing and hand sanitizing be put in place PreK-12?
If you have questions about COVID-19, please call 211. If you have symptoms, please contact your health provider.
If your child or any family members have a fever or symptoms of COVID-19: Immediately call your physician for guidance. Please see the guidance related to supporting your child physically and emotionally.