Return to School: 2020
Latest from the State of Connecticut
- Please note there is a CT Travel Advisory in effect as of June 24, 2020
- For the latest COVID-19 Information from the state of CT, please see https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus
- The CSDE released the CT Reopening Schools Plan (Adapt, Advance, Achieve, Connecticut’s Plan to Learn and Grow Together) which provides guidelines and requirements related to Connecticut’s state-wide approach to the in-person return to school for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The CSDE released Interim Guidance for Decision-Making Regarding the Use of In-Person, Hybrid (Blended), or Remote Learning Models.
- The CSDE released Interim Guidance for Responding to COVID-19 Scenarios in Connecticut School Districts
Latest Updates from Farmington Public Schools
At this time and in close consultation with the FVHD, the Farmington Public Schools will move to a short-term HYBRID LEARNING MODEL for the start of the school year to transition to a Full In-Person Learning Model by mid to late October.
For more detailed information, please see the Community Update 8/6/2020
Our Return to School planning structure is closely aligned to the CT Reopening Schools Plan and we will adhere to the requirements within the state-wide planning document as we prepare for the coming year. Guiding principles for all local planning include a focus on:
- The health and safety of all members of our school district;
- Social emotional well-being of all members of our school district; and
- A strong focus on equity as well as academic excellence for all students.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please call 211. If you have symptoms, please contact your health provider.
If your child or any family members have a fever or symptoms of COVID-19: Immediately call your physician for guidance. Please see the guidance related to supporting your child physically and emotionally.