Food & Nutrition
Farmington Public Schools has obtained a waiver and USDA funding to provide meals free of charge to all students, In-person and Interactive Learners, from 18 years of age or under. Currently, this program will run through June 30, 2021. This includes one breakfast and one lunch served in our schools as well as those available for pickup. Pickup meals are available at no charge to anyone 18 or under, not just those enrolled in Farmington Public Schools.
STARTING WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER, 14th all students will be able to receive free meals. At the elementary, Pre-K-4 level, students must continue to pre-order each morning. This is required so that parents and guardians can maintain control over dietary choices and to help minimize food waste. WWUES, IAR and FHS students do not have to pre-order at this time.
We are glad to be able to meet the needs of students during these times with approval to run this program. Due to the unknown timeline that it will be available, we urge families to submit updated free and reduced meal applications. The application will be valid through the end of the school year. Applications are confidential, and instructions for applying can be found at at the bottom of this page. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Phoenix at email@example.com.
If your child is participating in IL (Interactive Learning), access to the school breakfast and lunch programs are available. Grab & Go will is available for all children under the age of 18 for pick-up at Farmington High School from 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Breakfast and lunch are offered. On Monday and Wednesday, you will be able to pick up meals for two days at a time. On Friday weekend meals will also be available for pickup.
Please see below for a map of where to go at FHS for Grab & Go:
If you have any questions regarding our school lunch program please contact Beth Haber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To create an on-line account, go to www.myschoolbucks.com
- Visit MyNutrition, a nutrition education resource for you and your family!
- Application for the National School Lunch Program
- For information concerning your School Meals Application please contact Nicole Phoenix, 860-673-8270, ext 7006
- Solicitud para el Programa Nacional de Almuerzos Escolares
- Para obtener información sobre su solicitud de comidas escolares, comuníquese con Nicole Phoenix, 860-673-8270, ext 7006
- Meal Charge Procedures (Effective 7/01/2017)
- Food Service Department Employment Information
- Nutrition Education Resources
- ChooseMyPlate.gov sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Team Nutrition sponsored by USDA
- CDC.gov sponsored by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention