The mission of the Farmington Public Schools is to enable all students to achieve academic and personal excellence, exhibit persistent effort and live as resourceful, inquiring and contributing global citizens. Farmington Public Schools is an innovative learning organization that focuses upon continuous improvement in all aspects of our work. This focus on continuous improvement creates an environment of innovation, risk taking, and excellence at all levels of the educational organization. Each day, students engage in powerful learning experiences, mastering rigorous grade level standards while developing the core thinking and learning competencies necessary to be successful in college, careers and as citizens of the global community. Farmington Public Schools believes that technology plays a major role in supporting the learning environment and creating opportunities for students to achieve in new and exciting ways.
Latest updates on Chromebook 1:1 Program
Farmington Public Schools has transitioned to a take-home 1:1 model for all students. All students will be required to use a district issued device for academic purposes.
- A summary of the Student Device Insurance Program can be reviewed here.
- Insurance can be purchased via MySchoolBucks.com
- Students in grades K-11 keep their Chromebooks over the summer.
- Students entering grade 5 and K in Fall 2021 will receive Chromebooks (or replacements) once school starts.
- Newly enrolled students will receive Chromebooks in the first two weeks of school.
Student Technology Support Requests
or CALL: (860)673-8240
Please note, Wednesdays 4-7PM are regular network maintenance.
Farmington Public Schools is committed to helping both our students and parents understand and be able to navigate the fast paced world of technology. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have also created a website to help parents navigate and distill some of the important information that is out there.
FPS Technology in Our Community
Matthew Ross, Director of Technology
Pam Aube, Data Specialist
Chris Dency, End User Support Specialist
Stephen Dunn, End User Support Specialist
Dan Larkum, Coordinator of A/V and Digital Media
John McKenney, Systems Administrator
Michael Moore, Systems Administrator
Chuck Raymond, Network Manager
Catharine Teri-Savage, Student Information Systems Coordinator
Chris Vagnini, A/V and Digital Media Technician
For faculty/staff technical assistance, please use our online Help Desk at: http://www.fpsct.org/ithelp or by calling 860-673-8240
Student Responsible Use
Farmington Public Schools Policies
- Internet Access
- Does my student need a Chromebook?
- I was told my student needs a headset. What kind?
- How does my student login to the Chromebook? What if they forgot their password?
- Why can't I email my elementary student?
- My Chromebook is glitchy. How do I do a reset?
- Google Meet Best Practices