Important Information about COVID-19
Latest Updates from Farmington Public Schools
Given recent updates and information from Governor Lamont and DPH, along with the emerging active spread of the COVID-19 in areas of Connecticut, will be closed through April 20, 2020.
Person-to-person spread of the virus is thought to occur mainly via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Take these everyday preventative actions to help stop the spread of germs. Teachers reinforce the following with students and we ask that you discuss these precautionary steps with your child(ren) as well:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Important Reminders During Two Week School Closure:
- For the next two weeks, monitor the health of your child and family members by:
- Taking family members’ temperatures regularly
- Monitoring symptoms
- Limiting exposure to large gatherings of people
- Making informed and thoughtful decisions about travel
- Getting adequate sleep, nutrition and hydration
- Creating routines for your family to promote engagement, play and connections with one another
- Keep the school informed of any information that you feel is important
- Check your email for updates from the school district throughout the coming two weeks
- Follow the CDC guidance for families
If you have questions about COVID-19, please call 211. If you have symptoms, please contact your health provider.
If your child or any family members have a fever or symptoms of COVID-19: Immediately call your physician for guidance. Please see the guidance related to supporting your child physically and emotionally, especially during this school closure period.
District and School Communications
- Letter to District Community (3/17/2020)
- Letter to District Community (3/12/2020)
- Letter to District Community (3/10/2020)
- Letter to FHS Parents re: FHS Production (3/10/2020
- Letter to FHS Parents re: CIAC Tournaments (3/10/2020)
- Letter to FHS Parents re: Field Trips (3/9/2020)
- Letter to parents (3/4/2020)
- Letter to parents (2/27/2020)
- Letter to parents (2/7/2020)