Welcome to the West District School Friday Folder
Note: All new notices are posted in bold type
Winter Weather is upon us, please be sure students are dressed appropriately for outdoor recess. Recess is held outdoors as long as the temperature is above 20, with the wind chill. Thank you!
- WD Family Bowling Night 2/1
- FHS Facility Tour - All Welcome! - 1/22
- WD PTO Meeting Minutes
- Youth Enrichment Kinder-Coding starts 2/11
- Youth Enrichment Jr. Food Explorers starts 2/25
- Fifth's Disease Season Information for Families
- PTO Night at the Wolfpack Game 1/26
- 2019-2020 School Year Calendar - Use this for planning for NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
- January Intramural Schedule
- Sign up for Intramurals with Mr. Deitz
- PTO Events Calendar - updated 1/18/19
- Pack 170 CT Humane Society Fundraiser 1/2 - 1/19
- Winter/Spring Youth Program Guide
- It's time to pre-register for Kindergarten 19-20!
- Think Central Sign In Information for Families
- WDS Family Handbook
- Please review our Arrival Procedures
- Regarding Parent Drop Off in the Morning 8:30 - 8:45: Our parent drop off lane is intended for students who can disembark the vehicle independently. If your child needs any assistance, we ask that you park your vehicle in a parking spot and escort your child to the building main entrance.
- Regarding Dismissal Changes: A DISMISSAL CHANGE FOR YOUR CHILD REQUIRES A NOTE TO BE GIVEN DIRECTLY TO THE TEACHER IN THE MORNING FROM YOUR CHILD WHILE THEIR MORNING MEETINGS ARE BEING HELD. Teachers and office staff are not always available to check emails and voicemails for dismissal changes during the school day, as staff may be absent or unavailable. For safety reasons, a note is required in the morning.
- Regarding Absences: If your child is absent or if your child will be tardy for school, please call the nurse 860-673-2579x3462 (press 2) or the office before 9:00 a.m. You should leave a voicemail if you call before or after school hours. If you notify your child's teacher by email, you must also notify the Nurse and office staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West District PTO Announcements
- FCE Family Cooking Series - Italian
- Learn to Code Python at the Coder School
- Learn to Code: Building Projects from Scratch
The courses below are held after school in collaboration with the EXCL program. Children who are signed up for a Youth Enrichment course are able to attend the EXCL after school program until the start of the course
- Relay for Life Game Night Fundraiser at IAR 2/8
- CCSU Community Day Basketball Double Header 1/21
- Drills & Games Night with FHS Coach Witter 2/22
- EF PTO Spring 5K and Fun Run
- Village Nursery School Winter Open House 2/6
- Used Books Wanted by 3/15 for Farmington Public Library Book Sale
- Travel Basketball Appreciation Night 1/18
- Pizza Fundraiser at Naples to Benefit FHS Boys Basketball 1/30
- January Programs at Kids Play Children's Museum
- Family Friday 'It's Electric!' at Kids Play Museum 1/25
- Porter's Leads Conference - 'Moms as Mentors'
- Porter's Leads Summer Programs for 5th - 8th Graders