Welcome to the West District School Friday Folder
Note: All new notices are posted in bold type
Dear WD Families, please complete the form below and return it to the office if you don't plan on using the bus for 19-20.
- Parent Pick UP Form for 2019-2020
- Message for families attending tonight's Yard Goats Game: Performers should meet at Guest Services behind home plate during the middle of the 6th inning. From there a Yard Goats rep will bring the group down the 1st base stairwell into the visiting dugout hallway. Parents please accompany your kids throughout until they are on the field. We will then be led right onto the field to sing during the 7th inning stretch. Please wear your West District shirts (or anything red) if possible! Mrs. Bannon will be conducting. Let’s do a great job representing West District and all the work we’ve done with Mrs. Raczwoski this year!
- The last day of school is 6/12 and it is an early dismissal day - 1:15 p.m.
- Farmington Library Summer Reading Information
- 4th Grade Promotion Invite for Families with Sibling Attendance Request
- Principal's End of Year Newsletter
- Save the Date! End of Year Assembly 6/12 at 8:50 a.m.
- Summer Reading Information...Have you picked your (at least 3) books?
- All medications must be picked up in the health room prior to 6/13 as our office will be closed this summer. Contact Lauren Foote, 860-673-2579 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Library Overdue Books Reminder
- Play 2.4.1 Sports Summer Camp
- Check out our World Language website - click here!
- Updated PTO/School Events Calendar
- 18-19 School Year Calendar - Updated (Includes Make Up Days - Last Day of School is 6/12)
- Friends of Music Scholarship Gr. 4-8 Students
- Field Day/Fun Run June 7th! Help Needed - RSVP to Mr. Deitz
- WD Assembly Schedule- updated
- Who's Who at West District School
- Sign up for Intramurals with Mr. Deitz
- Safety & Security Letter from Mrs. Sanders
- 2019-2020 School Year Calendar - Take note for NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
- WDS Family Handbook
- Please review our Arrival Procedures
- Regarding Parent Drop Off in the Morning 8:30 - 8:45: Our parent drop off lane is intended for students who can disembark the vehicle independently. If your child needs any assistance, we ask that you park your vehicle in a parking spot and escort your child to the building main entrance.
- Regarding Dismissal Changes: A DISMISSAL CHANGE FOR YOUR CHILD REQUIRES A NOTE TO BE GIVEN DIRECTLY TO THE TEACHER IN THE MORNING FROM YOUR CHILD WHILE THEIR MORNING MEETINGS ARE BEING HELD. Teachers and office staff are not always available to check emails and voicemails for dismissal changes during the school day, as staff may be absent or unavailable. For safety reasons, a note is required in the morning.
- Regarding Absences: If your child is absent or if your child will be tardy for school, please call the nurse 860-673-2579x3462 (press 2) or the office before 9:00 a.m. You should leave a voicemail if you call before or after school hours. If you notify your child's teacher by email, you must also notify the Nurse and office staff, at email@example.com.
West District PTO Announcements
2019 Summer Learning Academy Programs
- Musical Theatre Beauty and the Beast Production for grades 2 - 8
- Red Cross Health/Safety Courses
- Motion, Balance & Creativity Academy
- Multicultural Arts Summer Programs
- Enrichment Programs at WW for all ages
- Suzuki String Academy for Gr. 3 - 10
- Suzuki String Chamber Academy for Grades 7 - 12
The courses below are held after school in collaboration with the EXCL program. Children who are signed up for a Youth Enrichment course are dismissed to the EXCL after school program
- Save the Planet - Summer Program at CCSU
- FVSO Family Outdoor Concert 6/9
- EF Volunteer Fire Department Used/New Shoe Collection through 6-18
- BSA Annual BBQ Dinner 6/15
- Farmington Field Club Applications Accepted Now
- FHS Project Graduation Prize Donations Wanted
- Farmington Travel Soccer Tryouts for U10 Boys
- Village Nursery School Space Available
- CCSU Girls Summer Basketball Camp for grades 2 - 8
- Dog Lovers Children's Program 6/24 - 8/2
- CCSU Summer Programs