Welcome to East Farms School PTO!
The Parent-Teacher Organization is an active and friendly group of parents with the following objectives:
- To help secure the highest quality education possible for all students at East Farms School
- To promote well being and understanding between parents and teachers
- To support the interest of parents and teachers in all phases of school and curriculum activities, child development and other related topics
- To communicate to the Town of Farmington School Administration, the Town of Farmington Board of Education or any other appropriate forum, PTO positions regarding school policies and issues
- To conduct fundraising projects for the purpose of underwriting educational and extracurricular programs, activities and equipment not furnished through the school budget
Following is a list of what our PTO does:
- coordinate and hang the children's art for an end-of-year Art Show
- plant flowers, maintain the beds and center courtyards, and seasonally decorate the school
- maintain the beautiful pond and it's path
- take care of the playground, kick wall and periodically paint the "black top"
- bring cultural and curriculum enriching programs to the whole school and also to individual grades
- generate the school's directory
- prepare welcome packages and socials for new families and incoming kindergarteners
- volunteers in the school's library and at the Library Book Fair
- volunteers for lunch and recess duty
- sponsors a well-known author for the Young Author Reading Conference
- reach out to our community with coat and food drives
- manage a Wolf Fund to fill special requests and needs
- staff a publishing center that creates typed and bound books from the children's stories
- supply and staff a school store
- plan special activities for our soon-to-be graduates
- plan social events like beginning and end of year picnics, Halloween Bingo and the Rock Cats
- generate a PTO Newsletter, PTO Bulletin Board and a Display Case
- Board of Education representatives keep everyone up to date on BOE and Budget news
- coordinate and volunteer in the Ski Club
- arrange Paul Cryan Photographer for individual black and white portraits of our children
- participate in the Eagle Open Golf Tournament
- show the teachers and staff how much we appreciate their hard work by publishing their wish lists and if we have the money, funding some of the school's "special needs"
We accomplish all of this with spectacular volunteerism and fantastic support of our fundraisers. Every parent or guardian that has a child attending East Farms Elementary school this year is automatically a member of the PTO, along with the teachers, other faculty and the administrative staff. Membership is FREE!
Our PTO is a vital link between school staff and the families of our community!
- Co- Presidents President: Michele Beaule & Lynne Finn
- Co-Vice-Presidents: , Chelle Grande
- Secretary: Eveline Shekhman
- Treasurer: Mary Taylor