FHS Design Team
This web link is intended to keep all faculty informed of the goals, processes, and outcomes of this team's work.
The links to texts, webinars, websites and Design Team Update newsletters will grow as the work progresses.
Charge to the Design Team in 2011:
The Design Team will review data, research exemplary practices, and consider stakeholder feedback toward the end of producing a report that summarizes the findings and outlines a set of recommendations for the pervasive engagement of students throughout the high school that include but are not limited to:
- a clearly articulated rationale for why engagement matters and why designing for engagement is the essential means of transformation of teaching and learning
- a vision of an engagement-focused high school in which every student fulfills the Vision of the FPS Graduate
- promising alternatives in the areas of curriculum, assessment, and program development
- revised high school graduation requirements
- proposals for structural and organizational changes
- opportunities for partnerships with community organizations, businesses and colleges/universities at the local/global level
All of the above recommendations must ensure that students will enhance their college and career readiness in a competitive market. The recommendations will be used to inform a short-term and long-range strategic planning process for the future.
Ten Design Team Recommendations
Design Team Updates
September 23, 2013
October 7, 2013
October 21, 2013
December 9, 2013
January 6, 2014
Recommendations Report to the Board of Education - December 2012
FHS Learner Profile
Please consider looking at the following useful resources (and, check back frequently as we plan to add to this web page):