5th grade Orchestra Information
Welcome to 5th grade orchestra at West Woods!
West Woods has one of the largest and highest quality orchestra programs in the state and each year over 100 students choose to join the program as 5th graders.
Students who work hard and consistently practice at home will have fun(!) and be able to:
1. Perform solo and orchestra music with excellent intonation, a beautiful sound, great posture, and correct expression.
2. Demonstrate the ability to read standard music notation and feel confident about reading new music independently.
3. Evaluate musical performances and give specific, technical feedback as to what was good and what could be improved.
4.Compose original music using computer based music notation software. (Really cool!)
5. Gain an understanding of why performers perform, composers compose and listeners listen and how to be more successful at all three.
6. Gain an understanding of how music is and has been used by mankind as a way to communicate with others.
Month of November, 2014
There are no resources to display.