Farmington High School
10 Monteith Drive, Farmington, Connecticut 06032 (860) 673-2514
We believe that all students are capable of learning at high levels and meeting high academic, civic, and social standards. We are, therefore, committed to providing challenging, varied, and engaging opportunities for all of our students to learn within a community of respect and personal responsibility.
Thus, we are committed to providing the circumstances, support and experiences that will lead our students to:
- Acquire a solid foundation of knowledge and skills based on essential understandings in each discipline.
- Learn to reflect, think critically, and reason with evidence.
- Learn to communicate effectively.
- Become aware of the multiplicity of the human experience and of how they can positively affect the world.
- Cultivate their individual talents and intentions while discovering how they can contribute to the common good.
- Understand the great power that lies in choice, the connection between action and result, and the importance of personal responsibility.
- Act with tolerance, respect, courtesy, and compassion.
Farmington High rounds out students' educations with a variety of courses and co-curricular opportunities in music, visual arts, drama, technology education, culinary arts and writing. Because of our outstanding programs in choral music as well as band and orchestra, Farmington students regularly receive the most invitations to participate in regional and state music festivals.
Faculty members are frequently recognized for their skill and dedication in state and regional award competitions. One teacher recently traveled to India at the invitation of the Dali Lama to work with Buddhist monks to construct a science curriculum!
Through partnerships with parents and with community resources, Farmington High strives to help students develop into civic-minded adults and to explore the possibilities that await them. Our School to Career Program, for example, has forged mentor relationships between students and professionals in the fields of health and biosciences, manufacturing, communication and repair technologies. Students learn and practice the fundamentals of self-governance through an active student council. Students reach out to the community in many ways, serving as mentors for elementary school students and as tutors in the Hartford school system, as well as sponsoring fundraising activities for such organizations as the American Red Cross throughout the year.
Top-notch athletic and extracurricular programs support the school's academic tradition. FHS received the Michael's Cup Award for the strongest Division L athletic program in the state in the 1998-99 school year.
More information about Farmington High School is contained in its Strategic School Profile, Results and Outcomes Report, and School Development Plan, viewable with Adobe Acrobat Reader. If your computer isn't equipped with Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from Adobe.
Directions To Farmington High School